Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas Party

Every year we have a joint Christmas party for the adult Sunday school classes. We ask anyone who wants to sign up to decorate a table in the dining hall. I think this is a fabulous idea. It takes pressure off any one person to decorate and it gives members a chance to show their creativity. I wish I had more pictures of the other tables but they weren't decorated when I did mine.
I used an idea I saw on Lifetime, putting my own twist on it. The white balls are styrofoam with plastic "snow" glued to it. Snowballs. The candles are peppermint scented. It's my belief that smells bring back long forgotten memories so I try to incorporate smells into my decorating. Even for Vacation Bible School. Except last year. The theme was sports related and I don't think anyone wants to remember what a locker room smells like.

Anyway, we always have a good time at our Christmas parties and they are well worth remembering.


No comments: